Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mae Gone 2010!

It's been such a long time since I've posted! March has been the most busy time in the year over here as the children are off school! Every year, there would be children camps at various places and so it's a very busy period!

On March 21st, our church mission team arrived in Chiang mai and we headed up to Mae Gone!
The night before we left for Chiang mai, we found out that there was not going to be a translator! I laughed! Literally! I didn't know how else to respond!
Some miscommunication I thought! I started getting a little scared as I knew that I would have to be the one translating the next few days! I started typing out the my phonetics for the scripts of the story telling and ended of staying up till 3:30am! ( it's a good thing I was not driving the next day!)

Looking back, I'm glad God gave me that oppotunity. If I had knew there was no translator a month before the trip I would have been worried about practising everyday and it would be at the back of my mind the whole time worrying me! So I'm glad I knew about it the night before!
What a funny way of seeing things I know!

We had a good time with the kids this year, however, seeing them all grown up was something different! The girls were really receptive this year and included me in their volley ball games!
We had about seven youths baptized this year and it was encouraging to all of us!
Seeing them again and every year was a blessing, and I'm looking forward to the next time!
Have a Blessed Easter!! Having a sun-rise service at 6:00am tomorrow! May we always remember that Christ died on the cross for us while we were still sinners! That shows His conditional love for all mankind!

2 comments:

  1. LU! HAHA HI!! I hope you're doing well :)) I just wanted to say that this really encourages me! - I'm very scared about having to learn Vietnamese when I'm already struggling so much with Chinese. Thanks for sharing, and I'm sure you did an excellent job! :DD Oh, btw - thanks for the birthday message you left on my blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle! =))
    I'm encouraged that this had encouraged you! Don't be worried about learning a new language! Its going to be fun! =) When are you going to Vietnam? I hope to see you before you leave!
    You're most welcome!

    ReplyDelete